Curly hair, Brittle and dry hair? Omg, what a mess! I am the happy owner of a combo of all of that. Are you in that case too?
After 19 years, I finally discovered how to take care of my hair. Better late than never, I guess. During years I misbehaved with my hair. I tried everything to tame them. I learned something: NATURAL is always the key. You can try as hard as you want, the nature of your hair won’t change. You have to learn to live with it.
About 2 years ago, I did a terrible mistake I won’t ever make again. I decided to bleach my hair. Don’t even ask me why, because I still haven’t a response to that question. So my hair wasn’t even curly anymore and was extremely dry and tangled. After 2 years, I kind of get through it and saved them. I am sharing my tips and I really hope it will save your life too.
- Do not wash your hair more than necessary: I don’t wash my hair more than once a week, just because it is not necessary for me.
- Be careful with frictions: My boyfriend is always laughing at me cause every night before sleeping I braid my hair in 2 parts. My hair doesn’t rub against the pillow and it is easier for me in the morning, I have fewer tangles.
- Do not brush your hair too much: If you have curly and dry hair: only brush your hair when it’s wet.
- Use the good products: It’s crucial to use products adapted to your hair. In my case, my hair is super dry and it is my main concern. I won’t be using a regular cream or shampoo that won’t be adapted.
- Change your products: I never buy twice the same shampoo. That’s important to rotate your products often even if you like a product. Or else, your hair gets used to it and it won’t have any effects anymore.
What I am currently using:
Shampoo: Shea moisture- intensive hydration shampoo.
Leave in conditioner: Mixed Chicks. It is the only product I never change simply because this conditioner is amazing and I haven’t found any equivalent.
Mask: Macadamia – deep repair masque
Oil: Moroccanoil (+coconut oil the day before I wash my hair)
Daily Moisturizer: As I am – Moisture milk