As many of you, I was such a messy person and didn’t have enough time to do all I had to accomplish in my week. I also think I am not the only one who had forgotten an appointment with my dentist or whatever… or if with any chance you did remember it at the last moment and were 45 minutes late because of the traffic.
With my final exam last year, I had to find a balance. Today, I would like to share my tips with you, to finally be organized and on-time. It is life changing.
- Buy a planner. My planner saved my life! Mine is from Ban.do shopped on Asos.com. It’s the best planner ever: convenient, colorful, and clear. There are 17 months inside, with a special design for each of them. Of course, you can also make your own one with a notebook. It would be even more customizable. You can also use a mobile app such as Google calendar which is really handy thanks to the cloud (you can share your schedule with people you are working with for example).
- Write every single detail. Be as specific as possible: dates, people you will meet there, time you need to get ready, addresses, hours (beginning and end), and even driving time if you need to. I am the kind of person who needs to write everything. You can use Google map which calculates every path by car, public transportation or on foot.
- Put colors and use pens you like. Nothing better than something colorful to focus and don’t forget anything.
- Leave your planner opened somewhere where you are often (desk, kitchen…). If your planner is somewhere where you can see it easily, you have fewer chances of forgetting something.
- Make your program before every single week. I generally spend at least 20 min every Sunday night to establish my weekly program. I know it can seem to be a lot of time, but it is worth it.
- SLEEP. An advice that I don’t necessarily follow, but when I do, I clearly notice the difference. When you are rested, you are so much more efficient and that means that you can do so much more things in your day. Sleeping is important for your health too. (YES, I am writing this post at 2:30 in the morning… and what?)
NeeJolie pencil- Promo code -10%: JYAT10
I hope these tips were useful for you guys.